The Director, Information Technology (IT) and Business Services reports to and works closely with the Senior Director to manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of IT-enabled business support services and all information assets across the Cannabis Licensing Authority (CLA) (’the Authority’) that will enhance the decision-making capacity and capabilities of the Authority towards the achievement of the CLA mandate.
• Collaborates with senior leadership to develop, maintain and upgrade appropriate information technology (IT) systems in accordance with Authority needs that ensure that effective arrangements are in place to satisfy information and telecommunications requirements for the Authority and its departments in a time-sensitive, responsive, and cost-effective manner (with particular emphasis on data communication).
• Works with corporate management to determine and plan for future IT and communications hardware, software and security requirements that will integrate existing and proposed information systems into a corporate-wide management information system, making judicious use of proprietary software and taking full advantage of decision support technologies.
• Manages core IT and business services that support business operations, and work with line directors/managers (including licences, enforcement, finance, HR, legal, administration, office services and communications) to troubleshoot problems, develop solutions and resolve issues to safeguard excellent standards of IT and business support delivery.
• Actively engages, and collaborates with, government entities, private sector organisations, suppliers, vendors and industry groups to ensure that business and customer objectives provide input used to define the IT/business service management approach that will optimise outcomes for the Authority and its clients through IT and business services support.
• Oversees and coordinate the integration of office automation equipment and applications into the Authority’s computer network and future information systems designs.
• Communicates and collaborates effectively through appropriate mechanisms with other Directors/Managers and department staff in order to ensure a corporate approach to the delivery of IT and business services across the Authority and provide a secure, reliable and efficient computer system environment.
• Ensures the provision of technical assistance in all areas to end users by sustaining sufficient operational capability to achieve acceptable response times, especially during peak periods, and to minimise down times to an acceptable level.
• Develops and manages the IT and business services budget, and institute corrective measures when budget is not being met, including signing off on invoices and quotes, escalate out of budgets items to the Senior Director for approval, and, ensure that the team obtains all necessary tools and equipment to effectively execute their duties.
• Leads and manages the resources of the IT and Business Services Unit and all Unit activities to ensure the effective and efficient utilisation of all tools, resources, and personnel that will ensure that the Unit has the resources or access to resources to complete all projects.
• Executes other duties that can reasonably be expected of the position as may be required by the Senior Director from time to time.
Salary range: (MIS/IT 7) $2,309,180.00 to $2,744,889.00 per annum plus any allowances attached to this post
Qualifications And Experience:
• First degree in management information systems, information technology, business administration or equivalent qualification
• Five (5) years’ work experience, with at least three (3) in a management position
• Practical experience in the implementation of at least three (3) major computerized systems; delivering demonstrably high-quality services against challenging performance targets; managing and working through others to achieve outcomes; and, managing large budgets
• Experience in government organisations, particularly in a regulatory or monitoring capacity, would be an asset
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, October 26, 2018 to:
The Director Human Resource and Administration
Cannabis Licensing Authority
4th Floor, Pan Jam Building, 60 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5